Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our People & Culture Team
The P&C team at Nubank is energized by change and thrives in a fast-moving environment. We contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to promote a powerful and disruptive culture, as Nubank scales in size and continues its steep growth trajectory. We're partnering with leaders to blend strategy, guide change management and promote projects that support Nubanks' growth challenges and lead us to become a world-class operations.
In the Employee Relations team, your key focus is to support the implementation of successful Employee Relations polices and procedures culture at Nubank.
- Provide guidance in Employee Relations cases/inquiries to managers and HR Business Partner teams.
Coordinate a multidisciplinary project work stream to develop and implement employee engagement strategies & initiatives.
- Conduct internal investigations, coordinate interviews, document all steps of the process and make recommendations to the corresponding stakeholders.
- Fully document all cases in case management platform (ICTS) and ensure investigation documentation governance as required.
- Liaise with Legal/Labor Relations, Ethics & Compliance, People & Culture, and other teams to identify the best course of action in each Employee Relations case accordingly.
- Make recommendations and support people leaders in the execution of disciplinary actions (verbal warning, written warnings, suspensions)
- Partner with the Legal team for responding to legal claims, attorney letters, agency charges, lawsuits etc. related to ER cases.
- Support to crisis management activities as needed, connecting with Internal & Corporate Communications and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Identify training and education needs relating to Employee Relations best practices and support the development of training solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in Employee/Labor Relations, HR Business Partner or Legal in large organizations.
- Degree in Law, Business Administration, Psychology, Industrial Relations, International Relations, Engineering preferred.
- Experience conducting workplace investigations is a must have
- Advanced English and elementary Spanish preferred.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.