Nubank is a leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 12 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 8 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Nubank is a technology company and technical writers plays an important role inside our engineering. We are a group of extremely passionate technical writers, with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds responsible for instructing our engineering on how to handle with documentation and assure we are building content with quality and following the patterns of this industry. We believe this is how we can empower by knowledge!
- Design and drive buy-in around a standardized system and approach to technical and domain documentation / knowledge management for Nubank.
- Work closely with our Engineering and product teams to distill key business flows, microservice architectures, design patterns, and hard-won learnings to create and maintain high-quality documentation.
- Own the documentation vision to identify standard patterns for what teams should be documenting, and formats for how to communicate these.
- Over time, engage on initial product documentation, requests for comment (RFCs), architecture decision records (ADRs), technical documentation related to our services, features, flows, and non-technical documentation such as onboarding material and processes documentation.
- Assure that documentation is centralized, following the single source of truth approach.
- Understand and incorporate the documentation needs of the users by gathering their feedback directly.
- Engage cross-functionally to align whether our engineering approach to knowledge management could be adopted more broadly, and vice versa.
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, well-organized English writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices - you don’t necessarily need to be an active engineer, but you’ll need to have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Capacity to define objectives, link them to metrics, and track those metrics over time as optimization efforts progress.
- Ability to engage with a messy, inconsistent status quo and salvage the good parts without succumbing to “not invented here syndrome”.
- Tendency to enjoy and become inspired by fantastic engineers (who may not always be fantastic written communicators).
We believe in
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality products;
Technology is not a sector of our business: it’s intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There’s no “innovation team” - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions in order to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is growing rapidly, and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Find new techniques and technologies, multiplying efficiency through tools and libraries;
- Balance new processes while staying agile;
- Learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities;
Sustainably scale diverse teams.
How we work
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture.
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka;
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS;
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB;
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus;
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes.
We are a very process-light organisation that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success, and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
- Health and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans
- 15 days of paid vacations with a 25% bonus
- Aguinaldo (30 days)
- Yearly performance-based bonus in Restricted Stock Units
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Physical location amenities
- Food card
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.