Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 12 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 17 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Public Policy Team
The Public Policy Team plays a very special role in our mission to fight complexity to empower people. As Head of Public Policy, you will represent Nu before the regulator, government officials and Congress to give our perspective on financial regulation and legislation; work with the business and product teams to understand our growth strategies and successfully launch Nu's operation in Mexico; design and propose public policy solutions to major regulatory challenges of the sector; and elaborate strategies to position Nu in public debates. Our team is actively looking for opportunities to improve financial regulation that will allow more fintechs like Nu to offer digital financial products and services to the Mexican population.
In this role, you will:
- Influence regulation and industry by proposing initiatives and bills that enable Nu´s growth in the Mexican market
- Define, build and execute public policy agenda and strategy for Nu
- Map, monitor and understand regulatory discussions of the industry and regulators in Mexico
- Design creative solutions to regulatory challenges based on Nu's core values
- Avoid regulatory changes that can harm Nu's expansion in Mexico
- Work with product, legal, and compliance teams to explore growth opportunities
- Engage with regulators, public officials, relevant players, organizations, and business chamber to execute our policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, or related fields
- At least 10 years of experience working in the government or private sector dealing with public policy, advocacy or financial regulation
- Ability to manage simultaneous complex projects, quickly adapting to changes and reorganizing your workflow
- Ability to influence hard regulatory discussions
- Teamwork and ability to cooperate with peers towards a bigger objective
- Food Card
- Health & Life Insurance
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Christmas Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- Language Program – NuLanguage
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nu recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.