Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible.
For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Product Management Team
At Nubank, Product Leaders are key players in building great products and delivering them to our customers. They are accountable for leading Nubank’s Product teams and defining strategy in the long term. Among the key stakeholders, you may find developers, designers, customer service, business analysts, data scientists, etc. They are also responsible for the speed and quality of the team’s decisions in order to maximize impact.
As a Product Lead, you'll be expected to:
- Build or scale up one or more product teams, providing inspirational leadership that raises the entire company's profile and position in the marketplace.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct effective 1:1s, team meetings, and rituals.
- Help the creation of product strategy roadmap that serves Nubank immediate, mid-term, and long-term.
- Align stakeholders around the team's goals and define success factors that will build a world-class product management discipline at Nubank.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of Nubank's leadership team - especially Engineering, Business Analyst, Data Science, and Design. Be a true partner with them, and focus on common goals and the business mission.
- Ensure we are building robust technical foundations that will allow our company to scale efficiently - in number of users, number of products, number of countries, etc.
- Stay up to date in the complex domains of finance and tech innovation, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going.
- Serve as an exemplary leader in a young growing company. Help to shape a culture that values bold thinking, collaboration and teamwork, challenging one another with unwavering respect and delivering great results.
Given this, You will be successful if you are able to thrive on these aspects:
- Vision - Set the vision for the product, understanding how it connects to company objectives
- Customer Focus - Deep dive in user behavior by talking to real customers, analyzing data and seeing the products used in the real world
- Prioritization - Help our teams prioritize features based on customer needs, engineering complexity, and the most relevant business outcomes
- Structured thinking - Ability to grasp problems of varying levels of complexity and reduce them down to their essentials
- Execution - Understand the problems we are trying to solve and work closely with engineers, designers, data scientists, and other functions to define, iterate and ship an awesome sustainable product
- Communication - Build constructive relationships, communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and have a great time doing it
We have open jobs across several squads such as: Mass Market, Investments, AXP and Nuconta.
- Previous hands-on experience as a Product Manager, understanding the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products.
- Solid experience leading Product Managers, having exposure to performance assessment, hiring, supporting career growth, etc
- Ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders and be a great communicator.
- Comfortable working with numbers and making decisions based on data. You should employ a data-driven product approach and prioritize impact over everything else.
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a high-paced environment.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working with customer-facing products (the ones directly related to the final customer) would be a plus.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.