Nubank was established with the goal of freeing people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. Nubank is now one of the largest digital banking platforms and financial technology companies in the world.
Nubank was founded in Sao Paulo in 2013, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Platform Product Managers
Nubank’s continued success depends upon our ability to recognize and solve important customer problems quickly, efficiently, and at tremendous scale. Platform Product Managers are responsible for synthesizing our broader business strategy with the needs of Nubank development teams across the company. They build products which create leverage for our businesses, simplifying and scaling capabilities and systems to unlock business potential and mitigate risks. These products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance, controllership, risk, security platforms, testing and experimentation infrastructure, to customer service tools and other internal products.
As a Platform Product Manager, you will seek to understand Nubank’s needs across multiple products and domains. You will work closely with engineering to create and execute on a roadmap to help Nubank meet evolving customer needs for decades to come.
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of users and stakeholders by conducting research, data analysis, and interviews
- Specify and refine requirements—from conception to launch—of products, working closely with engineering (and other functions depending on the domain, e.g. design, data science, credit, finance);
- Stay up-to-date on complex domains like cloud services and information security, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going;
- Be an evangelist for the team, communicating to stakeholders and helping the team bridge any gaps in understanding between the team and the rest of the company;
- Execution and a general GSD attitude to accomplish outcomes.
Desired skills and competencies
- Experience working with software products as a Product Manager or in a similar function;
- Robust experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products;
- Strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users;
- Comfortable working with numbers and making decisions based on data;
- Ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders;
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans;
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation;
- Advanced English language skills;
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a high paced environment;
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle;
- Experience working with internal/technical products would be a plus.
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process