Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty reward program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("Conta do Nubank") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital, and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Regulatory Operations Team
Ensure the sustainable Nubank's growth supporting the regulatory demands of KYC and judicial enquiries, challenging the status quo through:
- The best experience to our fanatics and loved clients in the KYC process, keeping the highest level of quality for customer data and due diligence applicable accordingly to the regulators and internal policies;
- Replying any Judicial enquiry related to breach of bank secrecy and unavailability of assets/ balances whenever our client is the defendant, contributing to a more ethical and fair society, truly understanding that it is also a key driving force for the solid growth and development of Nubank and Brazil;
- Being diligent, flexible and resilient, according to Nu's principles!
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to the post-Acq flow and KYC process. It's involved in client data maintenance and integrity, FATCA/ CRS, CPF status checking, PEP, and other due diligence processes. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of BacenJud, CCS, Simba, and all judicial orders/inquiries, mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing, whenever our client is the defendant.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Analyzing and approval (or not) PEP profiles with additional risks involved, such as negative news, risk industry, etc;
- Provide robust KYC profile with detailed information about your recommendation to PEP and sanctions matches;
- Collaborate in investigations and process review related to Screenings routines;
- Participate in projects to comply with key policies related to Screenings scope and all the related operational routines (Circular 3978, Circular 3860, Circular 3988);
- Analyze, escalate and support the resolution of requests/issues/errors to streamline processes related to Screenings routines;
- Identifying Onboarding/ Regulatory challenges and opportunities and use analytical tools to solve them;
- Building models/analysis to evaluate the efficiency of KYC/Onboarding processes as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks involving enhancements and/ or gaps related to analysis and routines;
- Support the leaders regarding metrics and KPIs, facilitating the internal control environment of Ops queue;
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Smart solver-problem;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Technical knowledge and/ or previous experience on PEP, sanctions, and restricted lists;
- Previous knowledge in BACEN, RFB, and CVM policies related to KYC/ Onboarding, especially on high-risk profiles, such as PEPs and related to PEPs;
- Desirable past experience in KYC recommendations (risk profile analysis);