Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Nubank Business Security Management
The Business Security Management function is implemented by a distributed team that collaborates closely with business lines to ensure security is appropriately considered as part of all business activities - internal and key suppliers. Business Security Managers embed with one or more Business Units and are active participants in all major strategic projects therein. The team is instrumental in managing down security risk and the design and implementation of effective controls, In addition, BSM provides consultancy on security challenges and ensures Nubank compliance to regulatory obligations. The Information Security business unit is a horizontal function that services all areas and geographies of Nubank. The business security management function will be the interface between business lines and Information Security which will ensure the appropriate balance between business and security objectives at all times.
As a Business Security Manager, you’re expected to:
- Ensure information security needs of Business Unit GM(s) are understood, met and clearly communicated through effective relationship management. Become the Business Unit trusted advisor for all things information security
- Establish and maintain documentation and mapping of core business products, services, processes, and security controls
- Establish metrics that are used to make strategic decisions and evaluate efficacy
- Establish and maintain a first-line security risk management and compliance-driven practice that ensures Nubank avoids taking unnecessary risks and is hit by security tragedies. Ensure all security risks are adjudicated and tracked including 3rd party suppliers
- Ensure security is proactively addressed during business service/product/technical design, build and implementation
- Evangelise security awareness and best practices in the Business Unit.
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable and firm understanding of security and engineering practices and how they relate to delivering business outcomes
- Proven background building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience articulating and negotiating complex security risks and trade-offs
- A self-motivated problem solver who is able to communicate effectively across functional teams
- Organised and flexible thinker with Risk Management experience
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.