Nubank was born from a simple idea: everyone should have control over their own money. We enable millions of Latin Americans to live better by freeing our customers from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient traditional banking system. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and offices in Argentina, Germany, and the United States, Nubank is the world's largest independent digital bank, reinventing over 40 million customers' financial lives.
We're redefining people's relationships with money through seamless, transparent products and outstanding customer service: a no-fee credit card entirely managed by a mobile app and held by over 21 million people, and a digital account, free of taxes, owned by 35 million Brazilians. We also offer hassle-free personal loans, a benefits program with points that don't expire, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, we raised over US$1.2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world. Forbes magazine elected Nubank best bank in Brazil for three years in a row, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Fast Company magazine named us the most innovative company in Latin America and CBInsights as the most valuable challenger bank.
Nubank Business Security Management
The Business Security Management function is implemented by a distributed team that collaborates closely with business lines to ensure security is appropriately considered as part of all business activities - internal and key suppliers. Business Security Managers embed with one or more Business Units and are active participants in all major strategic projects therein. The team is instrumental in managing down security risk and the design and implementation of effective controls, In addition, BSM provides consultancy on security challenges and ensures Nubank compliance to regulatory obligations. The Information Security business unit is a horizontal function that services all areas and geographies of Nubank. The business security management function will be the interface between business lines and Information Security which will ensure the appropriate balance between business and security objectives at all times.
As a Business Security Manager, you’re expected to:
- Ensure information security needs of Business Unit GM(s) are understood, met and clearly communicated through effective relationship management. Become the Business Unit trusted advisor for all things information security
- Establish and maintain documentation and mapping of core business products, services, processes, and security controls
- Establish metrics that are used to make strategic decisions and evaluate efficacy
- Establish and maintain a first-line security risk management and compliance-driven practice that ensures Nubank avoids taking unnecessary risks and is hit by security tragedies. Ensure all security risks are adjudicated and tracked including 3rd party suppliers
- Ensure security is proactively addressed during business service/product/technical design, build and implementation
- Evangelise security awareness and best practices in the Business Unit.
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable and firm understanding of security and engineering practices and how they relate to delivering business outcomes
- Proven background building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience articulating and negotiating complex security risks and trade-offs
- A self-motivated problem solver who is able to communicate effectively across functional teams
- Organised and flexible thinker with Risk Management experience
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.