Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the world's most bureaucratic markets seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 35 million customers and $1.2 billion raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, EUA and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
For more information, visit nu.com.co
Our Design Team
Nubank's mission is to fight complexity everyday to empower people. We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will be able to challenge the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world.
As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users. Designers at Nubank must deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for millions of people.
At each stage, a Designer must anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Product Managers and many other, working in projects that go from user interviews and prototypes to internal tools and brand assets.
Given this, designers must be flexible and eager to learn - it's unlikely that you'll arrive an expert in all tools and project phases, but you should be humble and have a strong desire and capacity to learn. It's critical that you are able to collaborate with people with varying backgrounds, give good feedback and apply critical feedback received. The combination of these skills along with your talent and technical competence as a designer can make you a great fit for the Nubank Design team.
Once here, you will:
- Help set the product strategy from a design perspective guiding the creative direction for the Nu brand in Colombia
- Drive and guide the voice of the customer and user feedback into the loop, understanding the unique needs and traits of the Colombian market to drive the strategy from a design perspective
- Build links with other business areas as well as other geographies at all levels of the organization, influencing business decisions advocating for user-centered design and ensuring consistent user experiences that could expand regionally across platform teams
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, researchers and writers providing design direction and pushing high the quality of the design work
- Carving out value propositions and features that require prioritization, advocate for innovation and new products, translating conceptual ideas into execution and operationalization
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in design, and/or creative backgrounds with at least 3 years leading Design teams but we will consider other candidates if they meet our other requirements
- Experience in leading Design teams through successful product launches and experience scaling teams (hiring and retaining designers)
- Background in Product Design (UX, UI, and Research), Creative/visual design background is a plus
- Ability to influence prioritization in an agile environment. Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholder’s needs with openness and agility.
- English proficiency: verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Health and life insurances
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended Parental Leaves
Diversity and Inclusion
We build products and experiences that empower everyone to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity — irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or background. We are proud that over 30% of our team recognizes themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.