Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that’s why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina. And it’s still only Day One for us!
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
You can read more about it in our engineering blog and get some insights into how we work.
The Tech Trainer will support the engineering team by delivering instructional material developed by the Technical Learning Initiatives team to Nubankers within the Engineering Chapter. They will give technical presentations, guide Nubankers through courses and respond to Nubanker questions about training topics. By providing an informative, engaging and supportive way for engineers to connect with the curriculum, they will be instrumental in executing the Learning Strategy for Engineering.
- Inspire Nubankers to meet the challenges of learning new technologies and/or tools and create a supportive atmosphere for learning
- Work with the rest of the Technical Learning Initiatives team to ensure quality of curriculum
- Deliver and facilitate course content developed by the Technical Learning Initiatives team
- Help to improve curriculum by reporting questions or issues Nubankers have during curriculum delivery
- Be the point of contact about training topics, answering questions from Nubankers and providing recommended learning resources
- Provide support for Nubankers working through online courses on Alura
- Present onboarding sessions about Nubank tools and methods and/or respond to questions about recorded versions of these sessions
- Advocate for software engineering best practices
- Promote problem-solving skills for all training participants
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve the learner experience, process, structure and content of Learning Initiatives
- Work with suppliers
- Experience delivering technical learning material
- Familiarity with the software engineering in general and the Nubank technical stack in particular: Clojure, Datomic, Kafka, Flutter
- Proficiency in breaking down complex concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way
- Strong communication skills (English and Portuguese are required)
- Ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.