Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that’s why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina. And it’s still only Day One for us!
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
You can read more about it in our engineering blog and get some insights into how we work.
The Curriculum Builder will support the engineering team by developing instructional material for Nubankers within the Engineering Chapter. They will create presentations and exercises, design courses and ensure material is aligned with learning goals set by leadership. By providing an effective and engaging engineering curriculum, the Curriculum Builder will be instrumental in executing the Learning Strategy for Engineering.
- Map and identify the development needs of the Engineering Chapter to build new contents
- Work in partnership with Learning and Development team to develop and maintain training curriculum (including hard and soft skills) for the different teams within Engineering Chapter
- Develop and maintain technical instructional materials, including but not limited to written guides, visual presentations and code exercises
- Work with engineers as subject matter experts when necessary to develop new content
- Keep curriculum up to date with advances of technologies and improvements of best practices
- Create supplemental and supporting material and documentation, including talks, workshops and demos
- Evaluate feedback from engineers and managers to determine what new content to develop
- Evaluate third-party resources to help the Learning Initiatives team determine which to use as part of Nubank training when necessary
- Work with the rest of the Technical Learning Initiatives team to ensure quality of curriculum
- Develop ways to understand how available resources (instructional materials, third-party content etc) are helping the development of our engineers
- Create learning material that is inclusive, encouraging and engaging
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve the learner experience, process, structure and content of Learning Initiatives
- Experience developing technical learning material
- Familiarity with the software engineering in general and the Nubank technical stack in particular: Clojure, Datomic, Kafka, Flutter
- Proficiency in breaking down complex concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way
- Strong written communication skills (English and Portuguese are required)
- Ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.