Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationship with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, Nubank is today the largest digital banking platform in the world outside of Asia and one of the leading technology companies in the world, reinventing over 40 million customers' financial lives.
Nubank achieved this by offering a no-fee credit card, entirely managed by a mobile app, and a digital account, free of taxes. Nubank also offers transparent and hassle-free personal loans, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest, now called Nu invest, and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, Nubank raised around US$2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world, such as Berkshire Hathaway, Sequoia, DST, Tencent, Tiger, Kaszek, Founders Fund, Dragoneer, TCV, Redpoint, Ribbit, GIC, Whale Rock, Invesco, QED, and Capital Group.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States) and Berlin (Germany). Nubank was founded in São Paulo by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
The Stock Administration Team is responsible for making sure that equity is issued to Nu employees as part of their overall compensation and for the accounting and tax records and planning. However, it doesn’t stop there, when the equity is vested, the Stock Team is responsible for the delivery of those shares to the employee stock plan accounts. The Stock Plan Team’s mission is to keep our customers (fellow Nubankers and service partners) happy by providing [quality] support at all times while maintaining flawless recordkeeping of all Nubank equity-related transactions . The team collaborates widely across Nubank with other service partners such as People & Culture, Legal, Payroll, Mobility and Compliance.
The Equity Analyst will report to the Stock Plan Admin Lead and will collaborate with the Team to manage day to day activities as well as work with the overall Controllership team on equity accounting and financial reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including other ad hoc projects as they arise.
We are looking for someone to be primarily responsible for the accounting and tax calculation and financial statements disclosures related to the share-based compensation. Here is a general view of the overall responsibilities for which the team and this role will be responsible.
- Equity accounting and tax provisions
- Calculate the expenses and/or review the reports from the system containing the share-based compensation expenses
- Prepare the disclosures for the financial statements and other forms
- Evaluate the hedge accounting applied to the tax expenses
- Understand the tax effects in different countries
- Handle day to day activities for our global equity incentive programs to include:
o Issuing new grants
o Stock Option exercises
o RSU vest events
o Employee and ex-employee inquiries
o Other ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with Payroll partners and People & Culture teams to ensure accurate, complete employee data and proper taxation, filings, and compliance.
- Communicate and manage blackout periods.
- Employee Education
- Equity basics
- E*Trade navigation
- Monitor and analyze the movement of the company's shares.
- Maintaining SOX compliance by participation in process and system improvement projects.
- Resolve potential tax issues related to stock option exercises and/or RSU releases.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and reconciliation experience.Advanced MS Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
- Must be proactive and have a sense of urgency and ability to think outside the box.
- Prior experience with Equity or Compensation related fields.
Nice to have:
· Experience with stock plan administration at a U.S. publicly traded company.
· Experience with any equity management platforms (E*Trade EEO is a plus).
· Experience with taxation relating to equity compensation.
· Experience with equity accounting and financial reporting.
São Paulo, Brazil.
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.