Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Internal Audit Team
At Nubank, our Internal Auditors protect Nubank while challenging traditional audit by embracing technology. It’s the auditors' job to assess the internal controls of Nubank’s main risks and provide assurance, advisory, and insights about them, helping our company on growing healthy.
Truly great Internal Auditors at Nubank will go beyond the traditional audit, pursuing innovation with freedom. Will always work hard to add value, taking no shortcuts and not being picky with small issues. Following this path will be recognized at the market as a pioneer on technology-based audit techniques.
In this role, you will:
- Identify the risks Nubank is exposed to, keeping pace with the company's development and change (new products, squads, methodologies, geographies - we are limited only by our imagination)
- Analyze processes, controls and perform tests to verify control's adequacy
- Verify Nubank's Governance Processes
- Test compliance with applicable regulations
- Perform data analysis to identify unmitigated/unknown business risks and/or control failures
- Advanced knowledge of financial market regulations, including prudential/capital regulation, Basel and specially regulations across Latin America.
- Able to analyze the main financial institution's processes, such as finance routines, credit granting processes, internal controls requirements, regulatory compliance, Anti Money Laundry controls, Information Security controls, among others. Familiar with data analytics aplied to internal audit.
- Fluent in English
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to perform audits;
- Programming is not required but candidates need to display interest in learning basic data analysis skills (SQL, Python, R);
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decisions;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.