Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx
Our Data Science Chapter
At Nubank we aim to empower our customers to take control of their financial lives. The Data Science team develops models and leverages its expertise to provide the best experience and products, using statistics, Artificial Intelligence and lots of creativity to predict our customers' behaviors. Our team strives for cutting edge model development techniques, from Machine Learning to Reinforcement Learning and beyond. We're partnering with business and technology to make speed of thought decisions possible.
As a Chapter, we identified a set of principles that guide behaviors we admire in each other and we pursue as a team:
- Diverse ensembles don't overfit;
- We reinforce each other's learning;
- Mind the person behind the data point;
- We share the same objective function;
- We trust our confidence interval;
- Pursue the global maxima.
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Passion for learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientists to integrate the Fraud and Credit team and develop data-based solutions for customer acquisition and marketing.
Once here, you will:
- Integrate the Growth team, which owns the customer acquisition stage, paid marketing, and growth strategies;
- Translate complex business challenges into specific and well-designed machine learning solutions that meet business requirements;
- Design the implementation of experiments;
- Integrate and leverage external data sources to feed our models;
- Provide technical guidance for more junior team members;
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of technical excellence;
- Contribute to a technical culture in the local team.
Things you'll need to thrive in this role:
- Strong coding skills Python/Scala or equivalent languages;
- Experimental design skills;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with business and engineering;
- Good understanding of model development and deployment pipeline;
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Mllib and etc;
- Nice data handling skills, Spark Dataframes, or SQL proficiency is a plus;
- English language proficiency.
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.