Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the world's most bureaucratic markets seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 35 million customers and $1.2 billion raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Germany, EUA and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Design Team
Nubank's mission is to fight complexity everyday to empower people. We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will be able to challenge the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world.
As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users. Designers at Nubank must deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for millions of people.
At each stage, a Designer must anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Product Managers and many other, working in projects that go from user interviews and prototypes to internal tools and brand assets.
Given this, designers must be flexible and eager to learn - it's unlikely that you'll arrive an expert in all tools and project phases, but you should be humble and have a strong desire and capacity to learn. It's critical that you are able to collaborate with people with varying backgrounds, give good feedback and apply critical feedback received. The combination of these skills along with your talent and technical competence as a designer can make you a great fit for the Nubank Design team.
Once here, you will:
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, researchers and writers providing design direction and pushing high the quality of the design work;
- Establish and promote a healthy team culture that works hand in hand with cross-functional partners and design teams in other Nubank offices;
- Support our growth in hiring and coach new team members;
- Push the boundaries of your team’s execution and help Nubank challenge the status quo;
- Be a technical reference for the team, seeking to adapt and replicate the best practices in the market, increasing the team’s bar;
- Build links with other business areas at all levels of the organization, influencing business decisions advocating for user-centered design;
- Background in Product Design (UX, UI, and Research),
- Experience in leading Design teams through successful product launches
- Experience in scaling teams (hiring and retaining designers)
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Ability to influence prioritization in an agile environment. Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholder’s needs with openness and agility.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking on our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We build products and experiences that empower everyone to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity — irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or background. We are proud that over 30% of our team recognizes themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.