Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Communications team
Nu Colombia has arrived, and we are looking for the most innovative and creative professionals out there. If you are passionate about having a positive impact in the life of Colombians, by building the future of financial services in the country, have an eagerness to learn, are not afraid of taking chances and are prepared to face challenges, we might be the next step of your career.
We are building a community of fanatical customers, so, we work hard to raise brand awareness and to position Nu as the leader of the digital banking sector.
As a PR Manager, you're expected to:
- Lead Nu's PR strategy, by building a strong and creative narrative and voice for our brand in the colombian press.
- Maximize Nu's coverage in media outlets by free-press strategies including editorial content, interviews, op-eds and speaking opportunities.
- Build a close-knit relationship between Nu and Colombia's key journalist, media outlets, influencers and KOL.
- Sucessfully manage potential crisis and asessing risks related to regulatory, customer-related, fraud or reputational issues.
We're looking for a professional who:
- Has +5 years of experience with corporate communications, media management, crisis management.
- Has an eagerness to learn, is not afraid of taking chances and is prepared to face challenges.
- Has a collaborative spirit, a willingness to give and receive feedback, and flexibility to adapt depending on the team's needs.
- Is passionate about having a positive impact in the life of Colombians, by building the future of financial services in the country.
- Health and life insurance
- Opportunity to earn equity
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
- NuCare - Our employee assistance program
Diversity & Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.