In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, we are today the largest independent digital bank in the world, reinventing over 30 million customers' financial lives. To date, Nubank has raised more than US$1bn in equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. And it's still only Day One for us!
We are reinventing the way our customers deal with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are revolutionizing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Why FP&A - Mexico?
The FP&A - Mexico area is within the Finance Tribe to drive Nubank's growth through a sustainable and efficient structure by defining, forecasting, and analyzing key financial indicators in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The challenge includes the accountability of the financial modelling routines (strategic planning, budgeting, closing) related to our international expansion in Mexico.
How does FP&A Work?
- Our team work as owners
- We thrive with dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace the conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard with integrity and team first-attitude
- We are passionate in what we do
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Promote the smart-efficiency mindset throughout Nubank as a financial analyst.
- Help the finance team as a whole to analyze opportunities and influence business decisions to drive Nubank’s long-term profitability through financial modelling and analysis.
- Be able to build strong relationships and partner with other squads both in Mexico and Brazil to support the Nubank's growth through financial-driven decisions.
- Be hands on, once Nubank still has a start-up mindset so lots of things must be done.
- Be bold, have the courage to do what needs to be done, challenge the status quo and take risks.
- Act as an ambassador of financial best-practices with business areas.
- Proven experience in the full planning cycle (financial modelling) and zero-based budget.
- Accounting knowledge such as provision, amortization, among others.
- Finance and BI systems is a plus (SAP, Python, SQL, Looker)
- Past experience acting as a financial business partner
- Financial modeling knowledge
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.