Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
We are reinventing the way our customers deals with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are revolutionizing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
We are producing reliable and traceable accounting and finance information, supporting the company's growth through a robust, reliable and scalable process with a focus on data and analytics. We are responsible for bringing together all of Nubank's financial data, monitoring it, making sure that everything is accounted for in our systems. We are also in charge of all the regulatory and financial reports, cash management and financial operations for Nubank.
How We Work
- Our team work as owners
- We thrive with dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace the conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard with integrity and team first-attitude
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Automatization and implementation of internal controls.
- Support for product controllership in automatization processes.
- Responsible for integration of multiple databases.
- Data analytics related to controllership procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the automatization of controllership processes.
- Technical support to automatize regulatory reports and financial reports.
- Integration of accounting information and records to SAP.
- Collaboration with international teams in order to replicate in Mexico standard procedures.
- Design procedures maps for integration to internal systems.
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Data Analytics / Software Development.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with big data bases, programming and developing solutions to diverse areas of a company (if you work in audit/finance/accounting is a PLUS).
- Experience in financial institutions is a PLUS (SOFIPO/Bank/(SOFOM).
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience with reconciliation processes.
- Experience implementing ERP/CRM/Audit systems is a PLUS.
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Interest in finance topics (banks, investments, financing).
- Knowledge working with big data bases.
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language (could be VBA, Python, Scala).
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must project credibility and integrity.
- Good business judgment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to detail
- Vacations equal to 15 days
- Year end bonus (“aguinaldo”) equal to 1 month
- Equity at Nubank
- Vales de despensa
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.