Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that’s why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina. And it’s still only Day One for us!
Our People & Culture Team
The P&C team at Nubank is energized by change and thrives in a fast-moving environment. We contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to promote a powerful and disruptive culture, as Nubank scales in size and continues its steep growth trajectory. We're partnering with leaders to blend strategy, guide change management and promote projects that support Nubanks' growth challenges and lead us to become a world-class operation.
Our People Operations team seeks an International Payroll Manager to coordinate, help scale and drive efficiencies across International Payroll, supporting the team to have a positive impact on Nubank growth.
Once you are here you will:
- Act as the primary point of contact and owner of all HR Operations for international payroll;
- Establish and build strong strategic partnerships with key HR partners;
- Manage BPO contracts and ensure that the scope, SLAs and agreements are being followed by the provider;
- Lead, build, and set-up payroll processes for new operations and offices;
- Implement required controls, metrics and quality measurement indicators.
- Manage, control and process the payroll cycle end to end, including admissions and terminations for all international countries (Argentina, Colombia, Germany and Mexico)
- Ensure accurate & timely compliance with regulatory deadlines (payroll taxes)
- Interact with local payroll providers in order to enhance all processes ensuring the best experience for the Nubankers.
- Manage the employee's personal file ( vacation, sick leaves, salary changes etc).
- Ensure that all payroll related issues, question and concerns are resolved
- Participate and work on special projects with different teams ( Finance, FP&A, Mobility etc)
- Leads a team of at least 02 payroll specialists
Desired Qualifications and Profile
- Experience as payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Experience with HRIS implementation/ system integrations
- Have effective created payroll policies;
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations
- Proficient in Google apps and good knowledge of relevant payroll software and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Portugues and English
- Deep knowledge in designing and implementing scalable payroll processes for multiple countries
- Constantly looking for smart-efficient solutions and obsessed to provide the best possible experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our headquarter office at Capote Valente
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.