Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 12 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 17 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
- Daily Credit card accounting analysis.
- PnL explanation and review as well as it reconciliation an analysis.
- Financial Statements (balance sheet, P&L ́s).
- Develop internal controls of credit card products.
- Work with cross chapters teams (it ops, legal, taxes, regulatory reporting) to develop and create accounting rulebooks for new products and features related to credit card.
- Estimation of levels of provisions and allowances for credit risk losses.
- Capable of making decisions for the development of new products.
- 2 or 3 years of experience in Financial reporting, Bank accounting or equivalent functions.
- Bachelor ́s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Attention to detail
- Strong Financial reporting knowledge in banking/financial institutions.
- Ability to work in fast-past environment and cross chapter teams.
- Strong and analytical and communication skills, fluent in English.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office tools, i.e., Power point, Excel.
- Past experience with financial systems (SAP is a plus).
- Programming languages, i.e., SQL.
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.