Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Regulatory Operations Team
Our mission is to support the sustainable Nubank's growth ensuring the KYC and Jud Orders process and regulatory routines are in comply with Regulatory requirements, challenging the status quo through:
- Promoting the best customer experience to our fanatic clients challenging the bureaucratic onboarding process ensuring a high-quality standard of client data, as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Promptly replying to any inquiry from Judicial Courts contributing to a more ethical and fair society, understanding that it is also a key step to promote Brazil and Nubank's solid and trustworthy growth;
- Being diligent and resilient following Nu's principles;
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to the post-Acq flow and KYC process. It's involved in client data maintenance and integrity, FATCA/ CRS, CPF status checking, PEP, and other due diligence processes. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of BacenJud, CCS, Simba, and all judicial orders/inquiries, mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing, whenever our client is the defendant.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Analysis of PEP and related PEP matchings (criteria analysis, investigation of negative media, evaluation/approval of low-risk cases, interaction with FinSec Ops for high-risk cases);
- Analysis of matchings related to Sanctions List (OFAC/ONU - investigation and technical opinion);
- Responsible for executing the regulatory routines related to the adherence/integrity of the registration data of customers, both in the post-Acq flow and in the registration update process for Individuals and Entities, both concerning the adjustment of internal systems, as well as contact with the client.
- Support the reportable population within FATCA&CRS diligence mapping through the operational process of client analysis (e.g. E2E includes, at least, application of criteria, analysis of indicia, prepare KYC, reach out/ reply client, maintenance of evidence, etc);
- Support Irregular CPF routine through channel attendance; client outreach/ reply; money transfer-out process, always prompt and timely basis.
- Individual post-Acquisition process ensuring any operational procedure is duly mapped and be able to run the operational routine, and also ensure the new routines are duly followed and covered;
- Analyze documentation received during Additional Documents - EDD routine, complying with the criteria internally established, updating data, and ensuring the quality of information.
- Be aware of the regulatory routines and procedures related to client data maintenance and running with periodic checking (e.g. renewal process, individual data minimum requirements, etc).
- Knowing the specific KYC / Registration regulations, as well as the responsibility to apply them in daily routines, contributing to the continuous improvement of internal controls and processes.
- Working quite independently, understanding that you have the autonomy to manage your routines but, at the same time, you can count on the entire Squad structure and its managers to assist you whenever necessary.
- Actively participates in the execution of projects and initiatives that involve relevant impacts in the Squad.
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Smart solver-problem;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fluent/ Advanced English;
- Robust knowledge in BACEN, RFB, and CVM policies related to KYC/ Onboarding, BacenJud, and CCS;
- Previous experience working in FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)/ CRS for individuals;
- Desirable background in financial institutions with good relationships with "Órgãos Reguladores";