Nu is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nu launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program (“Nu Rewards”), as well as a digital account (“NuConta”) that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nu has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nu was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company’ 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Compliance Chapter
The Compliance Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance risks that Nubank faces; designing and implementing controls to protect Nubank from such risks; and by providing advisory to the Business on regulations and internal policies to create the best product or service that follows with these external and internal standards.
What is Compliance Risk? Is the exposure to legal penalties (sanctions or fines), financial loss, reputation or image damage that Nubank faces when it fails to act in accordance with laws and regulations, internal policies or prescribed best practices.
Responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Research regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information.
- Keep other teams abreast of requirements by researching regulatory and filing information; writing and communicating guidelines.
- Provide advisory to other teams about the regulation to establish new processes or controls.
- Help draft Compliance policies and procedures
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Liaise and work closely with various teams to enhance systems and processes related to Compliance
- Help plan, execute and conduct Compliance training.
- Help plan, execute and conduct a Compliance Testing Plan.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received from Regulators, Auto Regulatory bodies or Auditors
We believe in
- Entrepreneurship spirit;
- Exceptional team chemistry;
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You are enthusiastic about building partnership with other teams
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You challenge the status quo
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- 5-7 years' or above experience in AML/TF, compliance, or regulatory areas.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving several topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product.
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service).
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
The position is based out of Mexico City, Mexico
- A competitive compensation package, including the opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank.
- 15 days paid vacation per year.
- 1-month salary year-end bonus “aguinaldo”.
- Food allowance “vales de despensa”.
- Health insurance & Dental plan.
- Life insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nu recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.