Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Product Manager for Data Processing, Data Infrastructure team
All of our exponential growth has always been supported by consistent data-based decision making. In fact, this is one of the pillars of our company, together with technology, great product UX, and quality customer support. It is very important for us that all our employees have access to reliable and quality data and are able to use it on their day to day; that's why we have built a data platform to handle our analytical environment, for all Nubankers to make better decisions by using data. In this self-service platform, users have created over 45K datasets, and currently over 250TB of data is being handled there. In order to help Nubank to scale its data platform, by deeply understanding its users and creating new ways of efficiently process the data while enhance our users experience, adding highly curated data and building essential cross-team indicators, we are looking for a Product Manager to work on our Data Business Unit in Berlin, supporting our Data Infrastructure team.
This Product Manager of the Data Infrastructure team will deep dive into the data processing domain, and effectively work with a technical team (data engineers, software engineers, data scientists and other roles) to:
- Scale our infrastructure to process 100X the amount of data we currently process. This entails evaluation and design of solutions for better job scheduling, resource management and datasets tiering, among others
- Design solutions for Nubank to keep effective costs controls over the infrastructure, distributing expenses to data asset's owners
- Significantly improve the experience of our users when contributing on datasets and models
- Expand internal products for on-call rotation engineers, in order to automate problem solving as much as possible and improve their experience when solving instabilities
Product Manager for Streaming, Data Infrastructure team
As our organization grows in different dimensions (customers, products portfolio and geographies), our appetite for moving faster and more efficiently increases. Currently, adding capabilities in terms of analytics and real-time model creation is a key challenge that our Data business unit is eager to support. In this context, evolving our Streaming Data infrastructure will allow our product teams to take decisions faster and more accurately.
This Product Manager on the Data Infrastructure team will have the opportunity to deep diving on the Data Streaming domain in the financial services industry, and be responsible for:
- Deeply understanding opportunities for real-time data usage at Nubank, analysing current trade-offs and supporting the reshaping of our data infrastructure to deliver proper real-time data for the different business areas
- Evolving existing streaming capabilities into a platform, for users not to just consume existing data, but to easily create new data transformations and have an appealing data discovery journey
- Leveraging streaming not only for product decisions but also for increasing maturity of internal controls, namely on stability and cost reduction opportunities
- Continuously researching about state of the art of streaming data platforms, bringing those insights into the team and helping it to take better product decisions
You will be successful if you:
- Think like and empathize with stakeholders - talk to different internal customers, influence and engage diverse teams across Nubank
- Have an ownership approach to get things done - have an ownership mentality, get the best out of everyone on the team, be proactive and energetic about keeping things moving
- Communicate effectively - in different formats and to different audiences, and in particular in clearly articulating priorities and objectives in complex domains
- Think structurally / systems thinkers - seek clarity: think structurally to help teams break down problems, understand blockers and bottlenecks, and balance short and long-term priorities
- Intellectually curious / always learning and growing - improving after failing, always engaged across multiple domains and functions, prioritize learning as much as possible as early as possible for yourself and your teams
- Humility and respect for other roles, skill sets, background and experiences, and ways of thinking and communicating
- Have experience in Product-oriented companies that operated with a high volume of Data
- Have experience on Data-related domain - Knowledge in analytics, and/or data governance is preferred
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
*Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.