Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the world's most bureaucratic markets seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 34 million customers and $1 billion raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, US, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
About the Berlin team
Nubank’s Berlin office hosts the data infrastructure platform team. We’ve built a self-service data processing platform from scratch that empowers everyone at our company to build, process, and query datasets that help push forward their work. Our main users include data analysts, data scientists, business analysts, backend, and data engineers. The team is focused on building well thought out and documented user APIs, backed by scalable data ingestion, processing, and serving systems. We make heavy use of the standard Nubank tech suite (Clojure et. al.), but since we are responsible for the data processing pipeline, you’ll also find Scala, Spark, Mesos, Aurora, Airflow. You will also be in touch with DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, and Datomic for databases, Tekton CI/CD, monitoring/logging with Prometheus and Splunk, and asynchronous communication using Kafka.
Analytics Engineers at Nubank
In 2020 we decided to change the Chapter's name from Data Analyst to Analytics Engineer. The team unanimously agrees that the name better fits the work we do. Check our blog post for more detailed information: Nubank Data Analysts are now called Analytics Engineers
Being an Analytics Engineer at Nubank is different from the average Analytics Engineer position. We optimize for long term value by focusing on engineering as opposed to spending our time on recurrent ad hoc jobs. You can watch the following talk to learn more about the Analytics Engineer role at Nubank.
- Contribute to design and maintenance of our production data pipelines (ETL) and tools
- Support data-driven discussions within your team and across business areas
- Improve data literacy throughout the company by teaching and sharing best practices
- Big picture of data at Nubank: identify opportunities for structuring data across the company
- Drive great decisions and controls by delivering effective dashboards, visualizations and reports
- Design, track, and forecast key product and business metrics
Desired skills and experience
- Solid professional and/or academic experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or other quantitative disciplines
- Strong experience querying data with SQL
- Programming experience (e.g. with Python, R, Scala, etc.)
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools, like Metabase, Looker or Tableau, and data visualization best practices is a plus
You will fit well if
- You have a burning desire to use data and analytics to change the world
- You communicate clearly and effectively to colleagues from different business areas
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- 28 days of vacation
- A competitive compensation package, including the opportunity to earn equity in Nubank
- Wellness and learning allowance
- Flexible hours
- Relocation assistance (when outside of Berlin)
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.