Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Regulatory Operations Team
Our mission is to support the sustainable Nubank's growth ensuring the KYC and Jud Orders process and regulatory routines are in comply with Regulatory requirements, challenging the status quo through:
- Promoting the best customer experience to our fanatic clients challenging the bureaucratics onboarding process ensuring a high quality standard of client data, as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Promptly replying any enquiry from Judicial Courts contributing to a more ethical and fair society, understanding that it is also a key step to promote Brazil and Nubank's solid and trustworthy growth;
- Being diligent and resilient following Nu's principles;
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to Judicial Orders whenever our client is the defendant. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of Sisbajud, CCS, Simba and all judicial orders/ enquiries, mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Responsible for following up, reading and treating Judicial Orders received via BC Correios, Sisbajud or any other means, whether physical or electronic.
- Make and send the files to the Judicial Agencies, via Simba and STA, for the breach of bank secrecy.
- Interacts with judicial agencies to clarify doubts and request access keys, following the rules of bank secrecy.
- Analyze and validate, based on the due legal grounds, the powers of attorney directed by the service team through Slack channels.
- Know the specific regulations of CCS, Sisbajud and Onboarding, as well as has the responsibility to apply them in your routine contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and internal controls.
- Implementing and identifying opportunities to improve results and customer experience;
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Smart solver-problem;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in Law;
- Fluent/ Advanced English;
- Knowledge in BACEN, RFB and CVM policies related to Sisbajud, CCS and KYC/ Onboarding;
- Previous experience in conducting Jud orders routines, e.g. subpoenas (Ofícios judiciais), Sisbajud, CCS and analysis of power of attorney/ legal documents for granting powers;
- Desirable background in financial institutions.