Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Regulatory Operations Team
Our mission is to support the sustainable Nubank's growth ensuring the KYC and Jud Orders process and regulatory routines are in comply with Regulatory requirements, challenging the status quo through:
- Promoting the best customer experience to our fanatic clients challenging the bureaucratics onboarding process ensuring a high quality standard of client data, as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Promptly replying any enquiry from Judicial Courts contributing to a more ethical and fair society, understanding that it is also a key step to promote Brazil and Nubank's solid and trustworthy growth;
- Being diligent and resilient following Nu's principles;
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to Judicial Orders whenever our client is the defendant. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of Sisbajud, CCS, Simba and all judicial orders/ enquiries, mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Identifying Jud orders' operational workflow challenges and opportunities and use analytical tools to solve them;
- Building models/analysis to evaluate the efficiency of jud orders processes as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Follow the management queues and dashboards in order to ensure the enquiries have been duly promptly addressed and no regulatory gaps are found;
- Implementing and identifying opportunities to improve results and customer experience;
- Deploying projects to comply with key policies related to Jud orders scope and its operational routines (Circular 3454, Lei Complementar 105/01), Sisbajud and CCS;
- Partnering with our engineers, data scientists and designers to coordinate and prioritize tasks involving enhancements and/ or gaps related to analysis and routines;
- Monitoring metrics and KPIs, facilitating communication within Nubank teams.
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Smart solver-problem;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in Law;
- Fluent/ Advanced English;
- Robust knowledge in BACEN, RFB and CVM policies related to Sisbajud, CCS and KYC/ Onboarding;
- Previous experience in conducting Jud orders routines, e.g. subpoenas (Ofícios judiciais), Sisbajud, CCS and analysis of power of attorney/ legal documents for granting powers;
- Desirable background in financial institutions with good relationships with "Órgãos Reguladores";
- Desirable experience in managing teams and projects related to BacenJud/ SIMBA/ CCS/ Onboarding;