Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Operational Risk & Internal Controls at Nubank
Our mission is to maintain and constantly improve the operational risk management process in order to ensure a sustainable growth for Nubank. With that in mind, we analyse current risks and identify potential ones that may affect our journey.
Launching a fintech in a new country is a highly complex project and it requires our team to identify, assess and respond to risks. As the Head of Operational Risk and Internal Controls at Nu Colombia, you will lead the path for Nu Colombia to become a regulated entity in the country. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the launch of a fintech and implement a risk infrastructure. You will plan requirements with regulators and be the face of risk management for Nubank in the conversations & negotiations. This includes building an infrastructure for risk in Colombia, establishing internal controls to mitigate operational risk, and liaising with the risk teams in Brazil.
As the Head of Operational Risk and Internal Controls, you will work closely with the Country Manager to ensure that your roadmap is in line with the business growth at all times, and align global defense strategies with local needs. You will enable the Country Manager to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This is a highly strategic role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves and play an active role in planning & execution.
You will be successful if you have/are...
- Experience leading operational risk management and internal control teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Colombian regulations, regulatory environment and controls best practices.
- Experience implementing operational risk & internal controls processes, methodologies and procedures. Experience with Fraud Controls is a big plus.
- Proven experience in the financial services industry (banking, payments, asset management, brokers, insurance and private funds).
- Experience in risk governance structures and risk related decision making, including operational risk committee and risk response definitions.
- A big plus is being a certified Executive by the Self-Regulatory of the Colombian Securities Market (Directivo, certificado por el Autorregulador del Mercado de Valores de Colombia).
- Solid understanding of IT general controls.
- Proficient in GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) software tools.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English and Spanish. Portuguese speaking is a plus.
Once Here, You Will
- Lead the implementation of the operational risk & internal controls processes, methodologies and procedures in Nu Colombia, according to the guidelines from Nubank Brazil;
- Communicate the risk assessment results to the local management;
- Build and maintain a relationship with business and support areas in Nu Colombia, in order to promote the risk awareness and risk appetite alignment;
- Manage the relationship with local regulators, acting as the risk local focal point;
- Help us understand and make the macro flow of the processes;
- Identify potential operational risks, their causes and consequences, as well as relevant controls gaps;
- Assess the impact of the risk materialization within Nubank's operation;
- Perform control testing, evaluate documents, evidences and others;
- Build and analyze the key risks indicators using datasets;
- Support the design and independently assess the implementation of action plans to improve the quality of the internal controls environment.
- Equity at Nubank
- Health insurance
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.