Our Compliance & AML Team
At Nubank, many things are done from scratch. We understood that to offer the most transparent, fair, and intuitive financial products and services; we had to recreate them from our early days completely.
The mission of the Compliance & AML Team is to define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term compliance goals for Colombia in order to bring the Business Units into compliance with highly complex regulatory and policy requirements to fight financial crime in Nubank without disrupting the customer experience. In order to achieve that we are responsible for bringing all Nubank’s processes and regulatory guidelines together, monitoring them and learning how to predict and trigger suspicious behaviors.
You can read more about it in our blog and get some insights into how we work.
As Compliance & AML Officer, you're expected to:
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term compliance goals for Colombia
- Structure Compliance (AML/ Risk Management) requirements and processes from scratch
- Develop strategies to bring the business units into compliance with highly complex regulatory and policy requirements.
- Lead analyses of existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirement
- Develop assessments of controls, advises business units on the implementation of improvements and the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made
- Design new and improved, innovative control requirements, policies and process
- Contribute to the establishment of key risks indicators (KRIs) and tracking and reporting methodologies as part of a standard system of measurement and reporting
We’re looking for an experienced Compliance & AML Officer who has:
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory and finance
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decision;
- Solid background in AML Colombian and international law (SARLAFT, GAFI/FATF) and experience with KYA process, risk prevention and mitigation projects
- Demonstrated results by proactively reconciling the business need with the AML role of guaranteeing prevention and fraud mitigation
- Native or fluent levels of Spanish and English
- Equity at Nubank
- Health insurance
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
Diversity & Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.