Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the world's most bureaucratic markets seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $1 billion raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Our Business Strategy & Development Chapter
We are a startup developing simple, secure, and 100% digital solutions so you can have control over your money, literally in the palm of your hands. We are Nu – fair and transparent in our conduct, straightforward in our communication, and we treat every customer like a person. We are against bureaucracy, red tape, branch offices, and expensive and inefficient customer services centers. We believe in valuing your opinion and earning your trust as a customer.
If you're tired of the same old solutions to the same old problems, if you want to have and try out new ideas, and if you believe that design, technology, and good customer service can solve any problem, this position may interest you.
We are currently looking for Business Developers with a passion for our mission to help us solve Nubank's most pressing business challenges. Our Business Strategy & Development Team actively seeks and develops business opportunities that are critical for the company's success and drives their implementation via internal business units and partnerships with third parties.
As a Business Developer you will:
- Provide support to and actively influence strategic decision making in Nubank's business units, including research, analytics and internal discussions with multiple stakeholders
- Be finely tuned to customer needs and market trends to research, evaluate and develop new product and market opportunities
- Have an active role in designing and implementing go-to-market strategies for new products and markets in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Develop strategic partnerships with third-parties from inception of the need, through contract negotiation, all the way to maintaining and expanding strong relationships and pipelines with partners
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving several topics/variables, such as business strategy, regulatory topics, finance and product design;
- Experience delivering partnerships from inception to delivery (preferred but not required);
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service);
- Great business judgment, with ability and interest to make both strategic and operational decisions;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Team player with solid communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Sharp analytic and financial modelling skills. Must be comfortable manipulating data to make decisions;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- Programming skills are not required but interest in learning basic programming for data analysis (SQL, Scala, Python) is expected.
- Full professional proficiency in English;
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices.