Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with more than 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 12 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 17 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
We are reinventing the way our customers deal with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are reinventing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
We are producing reliable and traceable accounting and finance information, supporting the company's growth through a robust, reliable and scalable process focusing on data and analytics. We are responsible for bringing together all of Nubank's financial data, monitoring it, and making sure that everything is accounted for in our systems. We are also in charge of all the regulatory and financial reports, cash management and financial operations for Nubank.
How We Work
- We are owners
- We thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented teams
- We have a dream to use data and analytics to change the world
- We are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- We embrace conflicting ideas and like to question the status quo
- We work hard, with integrity and putting the team first
- Financial statements (balance sheets, P&Ls, statements of cash flows)
- Regulatory reports (accounting and not-accounting-related)
- Accounting rulebook for new products and features
- Accounting reconciliations
- Daily accounting and control of products, payments, cash, fixed assets, and others
- Daily report of cash and financial instruments
- Good knowledge of finance and accounting
- Good communication skills and able to effectively communicate in English
- Affinity with technology
- Good critical sense in financial analysis
- Solid Excel skills
- Strong communicator able to expose failures and process improvements
- Past experience with financial systems (SAP is a plus)
- Experience working with Financial Industry is a plus
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.