Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Operational Risk & Internal Controls at Nubank
Our mission is to maintain and constantly improve the operational risk management process in order to ensure a sustainable growth for Nubank. With that in mind, we analyse current risks and identify potential ones that may affect our journey.
You will be successful if you
- Have +5 years of experience working with internal controls, operational risk management and/or Internal Audit;
- Have proven experience in the financial services industry (banking, payments, asset management, brokers, insurance and private funds);
- Are experienced in risk governance structures and risk related decision making, including operational risk committee and risk response definitions;
- Have a solid understanding of IT general controls;
- Are proficient in GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) software tools;
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Are fluent in English (both writing and speaking); portuguese speaking is a plus.
Once Here, You Will
- Lead the implementation of the operational risk & internal controls processes, methodologies and procedures in Nu Mexico, according to the guidelines from Nubank Brazil;
- Report to the Nubank's Global Head of Operational Risk and communicate the risk assessment results to the local management;
- Build and maintain a relationship with business and support areas in Mexico, in order to promote the risk awareness and risk appetite alignment;
- Manage the relationship with local regulators, acting as the risk local focal point;
- Help us understand and make the macro flow of the processes;
- Identify potential operational risks, their causes and consequences, as well as relevant controls gaps;
- Assess the impact of the risk materialization within Nubank's operation;
- Perform control testing, evaluate documents, evidences and others;
- Build and analyze the key risks indicators using datasets;
- Support the design of action plans to improve the quality of the internal controls environment.
- Health and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans
- 15 days of paid vacations with 25% bonus
- Aguinaldo (30 days)
- Equity at Nubank
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Physical location amenities
- Food card
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.