Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Regulatory Operations Team
Our mission is to support the sustainable Nubank's growth ensuring the Onboarding process and regulatory routines are complying with Regulators' requirements. We challenging the status quo through:
- Promoting the best customer excellence to our fanatic clients challenging the bureaucratic onboarding process following a high quality standard of client data;
- Promptly replying any inquiry from Judicial Courts contributing to a more ethical and fair society, understanding that it is also a key step to promote Brazil and Nubank's solid and trustworthy growth;
- Being diligent and resilient following Nu's principles;
To achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all Nubank’s customer data, monitoring and updating them to understand our client's identity through regulatory routines such as client data maintenance, FATCA/ CRS, CPF status checking, PEP and other onboarding processes. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of BacenJud, CCS, Simba and all judicial subpoenas inquiries mainly related to bank secrecy breach and amount's unavailability/ freezing.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Follow the whole process of Judicial Inquiries (Ofícios Judicias), including reading, analysis, the accomplishment of the deadlines required by the authorities received via BC Correios and Judicial Inquiries sent in hardy copy;
- Accomplishment of block and unblock requests sent via BacenJud;
- Make and send files for breach of bank secrecy to answer the Judicial Authority via SIMBA;
- Intense interaction with judicial and governmental authorities to solve problems and issues about the requests and files concerns to SIMBA;
- Responsibility to perform regulatory routines related to Judicial Inquiries and Client Onboarding;
- Daily routines concern to Client Onboarding to check CPF/CNPJ status, FATCA, CRS and review of client data.
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Smart solver-problem;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Intermediate/ Advanced English;
- Knowledge in SIMBA, CCS, BacenJud and Onboarding routines;
- Desirable experience in conducting Onboarding routines and/ or judicial subpoenas (Ofícios judiciais), BacenJud and SIMBA;
- Desirable background in financial institutions with good relationships with "Órgãos Reguladores";
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Be organized and know how to deal with deadlines and teamwork;
- Clear Communication.
The list of benefits must follow Nubank’s model:
- Competitive compensation package, including the opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.