Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Data Science Chapter
Nubank is a financial technology company that is rethinking financial services in Brazil. We are always looking for outstanding Data Scientists (as well as Modelers, Statisticians and Machine Learning Engineers) to help us to build algorithms that predict a variety of customer behaviours to help us solve major company challenges and continuously improve the customer experience.
What are the challenges Data Scientists face at Nubank?
- Underwrite and assign client profile to applicants;
- Assign optimal credit limits to our customers;
- Thwart identity theft and credit card transaction fraud;
- Direct emails, chats and phone calls to their ideal internal team;
- Auto-reply emails and chats when very confident;
- Accurately determine cause and effect relationships;
- Evaluate the impact and value of new data sources for our predictive models.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the area with a track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Solid programming proficiency in a language that supports statistical learning (e.g.: Python, R, Julia, etc)
- Solid statistical knowledge and intuition
- Strong data manipulation skills for relational data (SQL / Spark / Pandas)
- Deep understanding on modern Machine Learning techniques
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- English language proficiency, Portuguese is not required
- Great willingness to learn and adapt at a high pace environment
- 15 days paid vacations per year.
- 1 month year end bonus (aguinaldo).
- Food allowance (vales de despensa).
- Life insurance.
- Health insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.