Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 15 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by over 10 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our HR Team
Our HR team is energized by change and thrive on pivoting quickly. We contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to promote a powerful and disruptive culture as it scales in size as Nubank continues its steep growth trajectory. We're partnering with leaders to blend strategy, support change management and development projects that align with Nubank's growth plans.
This is a highly strategic and critical role for the success of our business. You will be a key agent of change providing guidance and support to Engineering and non-engineering populations as we scale our teams. We are looking for an inclusive and customer focused leader to partner closely with HQ to create and implement customized HR solutions for our new office in Buenos Aires.
At Nubank, you'll have the opportunity to develop our greatest asset: People. We are key in having the best talents and setting them up for success. While having the flexibility to create and lead HR initiatives in Argentina you will also have strong contact with our teams in Brazil (HQ) to make sure we can deploy the same vibrant and unique culture of Nubank.
- Advise business leaders on how to achieve company's objectives by developing solutions regarding all HR matters
- Provide coaching to leaders, focused on performance management, leadership development, and conflict management
- Actively support the business on management related processes such as talent management and development, compensation, and engagement;
- Partner with TA team to proactively identify future hiring needs and recruitment strategies to bring the best talents on time to meet business needs;
- Identify and deploy people strategies and policies aiming to scale the business efficiently
- Work with business areas to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of challenges.
- Supports People & Culture team in driving HR initiatives forward
- Build trusted relationships and influence key stakeholders
How We Work
We are looking for an energetic and experienced HR Generalist professional to support our operations in Argentina, and help transform the way conventional HR is known
The successful candidate will bring an innovative perspective in some of the following HR areas:
- People Analytics: partner with People Analytics team to bring a data-driven approach to HR and help leaders make informed decisions. Use data and insights to improve HR-related outcomes
- Performance Management: calibration, end-to-end performance cycle support
- Training & Development: partner with Learning & Development teams to create and deliver innovative and effective learning solutions to better meet the needs of the business and identify learning gaps and opportunities
- Employee relations: ensure compliance and guidance in local labour matters and laws, including but not limited to: Payroll, Labour union agreements, legal and audits
- Organizational Design: help leaders to set up their teams and advise optimal structure as we scale from an organization from the ground up.
- Compensation: develop customized compensation packages based on the locality of the population and in line with the overall compensation philosophy.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR supporting at the Executive level
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong problem-solving, data driven and reporting skills
- Experience operating in a matrix organization
- Being able to peek inside data sets and take creative approaches to problems using that insight
- Feels challenged in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to effectively influence and drive toward results in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.