Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Credit Risk Team
The credit risk team have an important mission inside the company: ensure that credit as a business is sustainable in the long-term. That means our business and model forecast errors must be in line with our risk appetite, within a predefined tolerance. Our team should help with the definition of appetite, monitor the health of our portfolio, map and quantify uncertainties and ensure we have capital to absorb losses, providing a safe environment to support the decision making process.
In this role, you will:
- Use data modeling to establish processes regarding Credit Provisions
- Research and analyze state-of-the-art standards to improve Provisions Models and Credit Risk Parameters Estimation
- Propose and Monitor KPIs in order to explain changes in provisions components to management
- Engage with Business Units and Finance teams to: forecast provisions, measure the impact in the P&L and help with Financial Statements
- Anticipate impacts in Credit Provisions due to Internationalisation and new products launching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics or related fields;
- Strong Knowledge in methodologies to estimate Expected Credit Losses
- IFRS9, Basel II and Basel III standards, as well as national requirements related with Provisions
- Great toolbox of modelling or Machine Learning technics
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.