Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Security Team
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions in order to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is growing rapidly, and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Find new techniques and technologies, multiplying efficiency through tools and libraries;
- Balance new processes while staying agile;
- Learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities;
- Sustainable scale diverse teams.
What is a typical day for a Physical Security Engineer?
The physical security team is focused on designing and mainting the security controls in our offices. For this reason, the team spends most of their time doing access control management improvements and supporting some physical incidents response initiatives.
- Install and manage access control devices, intrusion detection devices, and other physical security systems;
- Participate in the design of a physical security systems in the offices;
- Preparation of security design documentation;
- Review of vendor services;
- Project management of security system installation and support physical access control operation;
- Develop models and dashboards for physical security system services performance monitoring;
- Work integrated with the information security team;
- Support othe Nubank teams.
- Teamwork mindset;
- Be self-motivated and interested on learning new technology;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team;
- Be flexible with changes to routine and deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and designs;
- Understand the properties: Authenticity, Confidentiality, Integrity, Non-repudiation;
- Understand the tradeoff security vs usability;
- Understand the types and differences between access control systems;
- Knowledge about access control and badges technologies and standards.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.