Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Engineering Team
Nubank is a technology company and software engineers form the bulk of our team. We are a group of extremely passionate software engineers, with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds responsible for improving our customers experience with the app and creating new features.
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality products.
How we work
- Develop web applications with great performance, accessibility and usability, which are used by both clients and internally in Nubank;
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to develop products and features that enhance the quality of user experience.
- Collaborate with other engineers on defining APIs, data models and domains;
- Build automations that guarantee the quality of the products and contribute to the productivity of the engineers.
You must have
- Experience with the React ecosystem and familiarity with stacks of frameworks, tools and task automation tools and tests.
- Comfortable to implement responsive and high-performance interfaces for various environments and browsers, including animations of transitions and interactions.
- Familiarity with good usability and design practices;
- Experience with SEO and analytics tools;
- Experience with AWS infrastructure;
- Knowledge in GraphQL;
- Knowledge in micro-service architecture;
- Skills with functional programming;
- Knowledge in Clojurescript.
You will fit well if you are:
- Results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- Hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- Open to embrace conflict of ideas and will to question the status quo
- Fast learning and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Aiming to build great products and doing great work by international standards
Focus on understand the big picture, to be held accountable and to make a meaningful contribution with your work
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health insurance - OSDE 310
- 10 business days of paid vacation + 5 Nubank extra days
- Meal allowance by Edenred
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.