Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Product Manager, Technical - Platform teams
Scaling our product to millions (already thirty millions) of customers involves an enormous amount of work behind the scenes. Since the beginning, the Nubank product team has always prioritized “building for the long term” for our customers, a principle that extends to our horizontal (or platform) teams that build out the infrastructure that supports the entire company.
The success of these teams depends on our product managers pulling together our broader product strategy and the needs of multiple product teams across the company into a coherent roadmap focused on scaling our capabilities and systems, unlocking business potential or mitigating risks. Those products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance / controllership / risk / security platforms, testing and experimentation infrastructure, to customer service tools and other internal products.
As a Product Manager for platform teams, you will seek to understand Nubank’s needs across multiple products and domains, and work closely with engineering to create and execute on a roadmap to help Nubank scale for future years.
Some of the activities you might lead or be involved in:
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of users and stakeholders by conducting research, data analysis and interviews
- Specify and refine requirements—from conception to launch—of platforms, working closely with engineering (and depending on the domain, design and analysis)
- Stay up to date on complex domains like finance and information security, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going
- Facilitate the team organization and structure
- Be an evangelist for the area, relentless communicating to stakeholders and helping the team bridge gaps in understanding between the team and the rest of the company
- Execution and a general GSD attitude to accomplish outcomes
You will be successful if you:
- Think like and empathize with stakeholders - talk to different internal customers, influence and engage diverse teams across Nubank;
- Have a “whatever it takes” approach to get things done - have an ownership mentality, get the best out of everyone on the team, be proactive and energetic about keeping things moving;
- Communicate effectively - in different formats and to different audiences, and in particular in clearly articulating priorities and objectives in complex domains;
- Think structurally / systems thinkers - seek clarity: think structurally to help teams break down problems, understand blockers and bottlenecks and balance short and long-term priorities, oftenly involved on process definition
- Intellectually curious / always learning and growing - fascinated by failure, always engaged across multiple domains and functions, prioritize learning as much as possible as early as possible for yourself and your teams
- Humility and respect for other functions, skill sets, background and experiences, and ways of thinking and communicating
- Experience working with technology - Having a technical degree, some programming skills or an experience working with technical teams is required for this position
- Experience working with software products as a Product Manager or in a similar function
- Robust experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products
- Strong desire to discover and fulfil the needs of users
- Comfortable working with numbers and making decisions based on data
- Ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Advanced English language skills
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a high paced environment
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working with internal/technical products would be a plus
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.