Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Product Manager, Technical for Horizontal teams
Scaling our product to millions (already tens of millions) of customers involves an enormous amount of work behind the scenes. Since the beginning, the Nubank product team has always prioritized “building for the long term” for our customers, a principle that extends to our horizontal (or platform) teams that build out the infrastructure that supports the entire company.
The success of these teams depends on our product managers pulling together our broader product strategy and the needs of multiple product teams across the company into a coherent roadmap focused on scaling our capabilities and systems, unlocking business potential or mitigating risks. Those products involve everything from our core cloud architecture, data infrastructure, finance / controllership / risk / security platforms, testing and experimentation infrastructure, to customer service tools and other internal products.
As a Product Manager for horizontal teams, you will seek to understand Nubank’s needs across multiple products and domains, and work closely with engineering to create and execute on a roadmap to help Nubank scale for future years. Some of the activities you might lead or be involved in:
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals
- Develop a deep understanding of users and stakeholders by conducting research, data analysis and interviews
- Specify and refine requirements—from conception to launch—of platforms, working closely with engineering (and depending on the domain, design and analysis)
- Stay up to date on complex domains like finance and information security, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going
- Facilitate the team organization and structure
- Be an evangelist for the area, relentless communicating to stakeholders and helping the team bridge gaps in understanding between the team and the rest of the company
- Execution and a general GSD attitude to accomplish outcomes
You will be successful if you:
- Think like and empathize with stakeholders - talk to different internal customers, influence and engage diverse teams across Nubank
- Have a “whatever it takes” approach to get things done - have an ownership mentality, get the best out of everyone on the team, be proactive and energetic about keeping things moving
- Communicate effectively - in different formats and to different audiences, and in particular in clearly articulating priorities and objectives in complex domains
- Think structurally / systems thinkers - seek clarity: think structurally to help teams break down problems, understand blockers and bottlenecks and balance short and long-term priorities, oftenly involved on process definition
- Intellectually curious / always learning and growing - fascinated by failure, always engaged across multiple domains and functions, prioritize learning as much as possible as early as possible for yourself and your teams
- Humility and respect for other functions, skill sets, background and experiences, and ways of thinking and communicating
- Experience working with technology - former experience as an engineer (computer science degree at a minimum or similar is preferred), additional experience as an engineering manager or some programming skills, is required
- Experience with a specific domain is a plus, though not required
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Language Program - NuLanguage
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.