Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
What we are looking for?
Nubank is seeking financial analyst who are nonconformist, who usually do things differently from the majority of people in Finance to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FPnA) Platform team. Nonconformists work by leveraging code and automation to accomplish the same or better results, but often getting rid of repetitive operational work. We are looking for those individuals to help us design, build, and implement new tools and processes that will define our technology-driven FPnA function in the future. Successful candidates will have finance expertise and reasonable programming experience, but with equal passion for both disciplines.
Because we drive long-term profitability. We are at the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
Because we work with our partners to create value-add decisions. Value means both value to our customers and to ourselves — a win-win approach. In the medium- to long-run there's no conflict of interest between the two. Partners mean mainly Nubankers, but also various external stakeholders including investors, suppliers, regulators, and ultimately our customers. We believe every decision we make is an investment we do with our scarce resources: capital and people. FPnA makes sure we do great investments.
Why FPnA Platform?
Because we build the financial tools to solve financial problems in a scalable and efficient manner. There are people that solve problems; we could do that, but instead we prefer to solve meta-problems, which are the problems that people that solve problems have. We are builders, and the long-term success of a technology-driven FPnA function depends heavily on us.
Skills and Knowledges
- Finance toolkit: accounting, building/analysing financial models, NPV, IRR, valuation, etc.
- Excel wizard: distinguished modelling skills that can automate medium-complexity tasks in VBA
- Code reasonably well at least 1 language (e.g. VBA, python, C++, etc.)
- At least 2.5yrs in financial analyst role (Asset Mgmt, Equity Research, Corporate Finance, PE, Investment Banking, etc.)
- Something published in github
You will fit well if
- You are great in finance
- You have strong knowledge of the basics of coding
- You'd rather automate a task, even if you only had to do it 10 times
- You thought 10 is too much; you would automate it if you had to do it 3 times
- You received feedback not to use macros in your Excel models
- You hate Excel, even though that's the tool you thrive
- In truth, you are known (by your peer/boss) as an Excel wizard
- You dislike the label above, mainly because it is true
- Deep inside, you still love Excel
- You are always proposing new ways to solve complex problems
- You are curious about Machine Learning
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.