Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Team
The mission of the AML Analytics Team is to develop a highly data driven intelligence to fight financial crime in Nubank without disrupting the customer experience. In order to achieve that we are responsible for bringing all Nubank’s financial data together, monitoring them and learning how to predict and trigger suspicious behaviors. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of all regulatory reports workflow related to AML/CFT.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Identifying AML program challenges and opportunities and use analytical tools to solve them;
- Building models/analysis to evaluate the efficiency of AML processes implemented and identify opportunities to improve results and user experience;
- Creating risk models and hypothesis to predict future performance of our customers, helping the company to be protected while making growth decisions. Applying machine learning/AI to AML Model;
- Partnering with our engineers, data scientists and designers to coordinate and prioritize tasks involving your analysis;
- Monitoring metrics and KPIs, facilitating communication within Nubank teams.
How We Work
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product;
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decisions;
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to make decisions;
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools, like Metabase, Looker or Tableau, and data visualization best practices, and programming basic data analysis skills (Python, R …) is a plus.
The list of benefits must follow Nubank’s model:
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.