Nubank is leading financial technology in Latin America. Using bleeding-edge technology, design and data, we fight complexity and empower people to take back control over their money. We are disrupting an outdated and bureaucratic system by building a simple, safe and 100% digital environment that addresses customers’ needs with no paperwork, bank branches or inefficient call centers.
Our headquarter is located in São Paulo, Brazil, and we are also present in Berlin, Germany with an engineering office. In 2019, we took our first steps into internationalization and opened an office in Mexico City, Mexico and Buenos Aires, Argentina. With a team of over 2,000 of the most innovative professionals in technology, Nubank is dedicated to create an inclusive, international and challenging work environment.
Our Engineering Team
Nubank is a technology company and software engineers form the bulk of our team. We are a group of extremely passionate software engineers, with varying degrees of experience and diverse backgrounds responsible for improving our customers' experience.
We believe in:
- Strong and diverse teams;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship quality products.
Nubank is experiencing hyper growth in several dimensions: number of customers, products, international markets and employees. As a Tech Manager, you will be able to contribute to building and scaling healthy engineering teams to tackle challenges of very high impact. You will also be able to contribute to organizational challenges impacting the entire engineering organization.
The Tech Manager will be responsible for:
- Building or scalating software engineering teams (5+ people)
- Fostering a culture of teamwork, feedback and continuous improvement
- Conducting effective 1:1s, team meetings and rituals
- Managing individuals and enabling them to be high performers
- Delivering distributed systems at scale
- Aligning stakeholders around team’s vision, goals, and metrics
- Reason about software architecture design decisions
Once here, you will:
- Coach and mentor engineers, supporting their growth and performance inside the teams they are part of
- Facilitate continuous improvement of team’s processes
- Ensure the team follows good development processes, is aligned internally and with stakeholders, and consistently delivers quality software
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of operational excellence
- Actively drive and improve recruitment
- Foster psychological safety and facilitate conflict resolution and performance issues
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Exclusive personalized program that offers psychological, social, legal and financial support to all Nubankers
- Child care assistance and private lactation rooms
- Special Nubank Rewards signature program
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Inclusive workplace, pet-friendly and without dress code
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that more than 30% of Nubank is part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.