Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Data Scientist Chapter
Nubank is a financial technology company that is rethinking financial services in Brazil. We are always looking for Machine Learning Engineers (as well as Modelers, Statisticians, AI Practitioners and Data Scientists) for building proprietary algorithms that predict responsiveness to a large amount different of customer behaviours, solving major company challenges and continuously improving customer experience.
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaboration and product experience focus for our customers.
What are some examples of problems a Machine Learning Engineer solves?
At Nubank, we don't shy away from using the latest machine learning algorithms, techniques and technologies; in fact, we encourage them. We use a database technology that virtually eliminates potential sources of leakage, which means you can spend less time worrying about data quality and more time building the most sophisticated models in the financial services industry. We have rich datasets with natural language text, images, graphs, and much more, as well as more traditional sources of financial data. As a machine learning engineer your goal will be to help Data Scientists be more productive and enable them to delivery cutting edge solutions in the most reliable way.
- Automate the creation and tuning of hundreds of different machine learning models
- Build infrastructure to decrease the time a model takes to go from inception to production
- Build infrastructure to help us bring more complex models to production
- Help monitor the state of our models using advanced statistical techniques
- Increase our capacity to do online (low-latency) modelling
- Strong coding skills Python/Scala or equivalent languages;
- Understanding of engineering challenges in a production environment;
- Good understanding of a model development and deployment pipeline;
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Mllib, TensorFlow
- Nice data handling skills, SQL proficiency is a plus
- English language proficiency (Portuguese is not required)
Bonus points if you have:
- Math/statistics experience;
- Experience with large scale software systems serving it to millions of users with reliable deployment and monitoring;
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields;
- Experience with Data Science models;
- Experience with Spark
- Docker, Kubernetes experience
- Experience with CI/CD
You will fit well if:
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building products and doing work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
- You are always looking to improve yours and the team productivity
We are excited to meet people with various areas of expertise – there is no single ideal profile. We believe there is room for very diverse skill sets to make a meaningful contribution.
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking on our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.