Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
We are looking for versatile software engineers with prior Finance Domain experience (banking/finance industries) that are enthusiastic, intellectually curious and eager to learn. We believe in cultivating good inter and intra team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and exercising the amazing capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded.
- Curiosity to learn about software tools that lie outside the web stack, such as Spark, Bash and functional programming languages.
- Self drive to learn about Finance Concepts (Asset Pricing, Accounting, Tax, Regulations, Treasury and FP&A).
- Pro-activity to raise issues such as lack of clarity, and to ask questions so we can work through them.
- Willingness to create simple yet consistent financial systems to serve multiple Squads at Nubank as well as external parties.
- Open and transparent communication, making the team aware of problems as soon as they arise.
- Efficient and unambiguous communication, through the gradual learning of our shared vocabulary.
- Need to always be thinking about the company as a whole, seeking global optimization instead of local.
What to expect
- A culture that always try to empower its members, making them the owner of their careers.
- Fail-safe environment.
- Complex challenges in the Finance Domain, involving multiple Stakeholders (often more than 4 different teams).
- A team interested in the best collective ideas, and always willing to disagree constructively.
- Autonomy to choose tooling and how you work.
- Collective environment with strong knowledge on financial domain concepts where everyone is always willing to help when needed.
- A process-light environment
- Strong Focus on quality and long-term value addition to Nubank.
- A team aware of diversity biases and their impacts on how we work.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.