Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Business Architect Chapter
Nubank has experienced a tremendous growth since its launch in 2014 and in order to sustain this success, we are searching for passionate individuals who are looking to apply their strategic and operational skills to help us solve major company challenges and continuously improve customer experience.
How we work
Your analysis, your questions, your search for information and your influence will be the main resources to support decision making and execution. You will collaborate with other team members (across functions) to design the best solutions for our business.
Business Architects are the ultimate owners of Operations. This means ensuring that a product, team and/or project is running smoothly and efficiently. Operations include a variety of activities, thus the scope can vary a lot. The most common ones are:
- Project management for the roll-out of new products, features and/or areas;
- Define strategies, processes and actions to improve customer experience, adapt to new features, fill gaps and correct errors;
- Managing customer service KPIs to ensure a great and efficient customer experience;
- Working closely with product and software engineering teams to ensure that customer and business needs are mapped and prioritized, ensuring simple and efficient processes are in place, monitoring metrics and KPIs, facilitating communication within Nubank teams, and managing third party/vendors.
We believe in:
- Good team chemistry;
- Enthusiasm for building and delivering new features and products;
- Capacity to keep learning new things while constantly improving what we are already good at;
- Collaborating efficiently to ship a great product experience to our customers.
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product;
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service);
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decisions;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution;
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills;
- Solid analytical background. Must be comfortable manipulating data to make decisions;
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as: Business, Engineering, Math, and Economics;
- Programming is not required but candidates need to display interest in learning basic data analysis skills (SQL, Python);
- Fluency in both English and Spanish;
- The position is based out of Mexico City, Mexico
- A competitive compensation package, including the opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Inclusive and casual workplace
- International working environment
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.