Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Credit Risk Team
The credit risk team have an important mission inside the company: ensure that credit as a business is sustainable in the long-term. That means our business and model forecast errors must be in line with our risk appetite, within a predefined tolerance. Our team should help with the definition of appetite, monitor the health of our portfolio, understand and report credit risk arising from all our current and new activities and products, map and quantify uncertainties and ensure we have capital to absorb losses, providing a safe environment to support the decision making process.
In this role, you will:
- Propose and Monitor KPIs in order to explain changes in credit risk portfolio
- Set up a Report procedure to guarantee an efficient communication regarding credit risk to enable Nubank’s sustainable growth
- Review and monitor credit risk appetite
- Analyze the risks of new credit products and features, including monitoring and enhancing performance metrics
- Engage with Business Units and build an effective relationship internally to support risk assessments and to embed good control practices in the first line
- Anticipate impacts of credit decisions in risk appetite
- Review and Challenge of credit policies defined by first line
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Math, Statistics, Physics or related fields;
- Strong Knowledge in Credit Business Model and well experienced with Credit Risk Indicators (KPIs) or even Risk Return Indicators;
- Have been exposed to credit risk management either working in the first line or second line of defense, or even implementing credit risk related projects;
- Analytical and problem solving
- Knowledge in National requirements related to credit risk management (IFRS9, Basel II, Basel III standard will be considered an advantage)
- Good coding skills (SQL, Python, Scala or other similar programming languages will be considered an advantage)
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.