NT Concepts is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead the daily operations of our Vienna, Virginia based Accounting Department. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the following areas of operation: (1) Accounts Payable, (2) Accounts Receivable and (3) Payroll. This is a supervisory position requiring technical, communication, and supervisory skills as well as abilities in accounting principles and practices. Directs the work of staff and has operational responsibility for directing the department. Works under limited supervision; acts independently on operational issues in support of the Controller
- Oversee the daily management of the three major operational areas within the accounting department. In conjunction with the Controller, manage the month-end closing calendar and all associated tasks and subtask
- Manages and supervises subordinate Accounting staff
- Supervise A/P, A/R and Payroll functions
- Ensures the accurate preparation of customer invoices and billings
- Post, submit, track and collect company A/R
- Prepare billing reports and perform problem investigation as required
- Collect, validate, properly account for and pay all vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Oversee the labor collection, posting and payment of payroll.
- Interface with external vendors and auditors as required
- Performing monthly reconciliations of all accounts and preparing bank reconciliations for management review.
- Works closely with the Controller and CFO to provide advice and interpretation of monthly results
- Responsible for review, reconciliations, and reporting of monthly results
- Update accounting policies and procedures, as needed
- Assist with the completion of special accounting and finance projects
- Maintain financial records include to include all asset, expense, liability and tax-related activities
- Interface and coordinate with the contract management personnel, to ensure administration policies, practices, processes, and procedures are being followed
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience in accounting
- Knowledge of relevant accounting and finance principles and practices (specifically GAAP and FAR)
- Experience supporting a federal government contracting company, ideally in a professional services environment
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with Unanet and ADP is preferred
- Experience with mentoring and managing people
- Work independently and precisely, while providing supervision and direction to staff
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment when executing tasks
- Handle sensitive/ confidential information in accordance with applicable standards
- Lead and take initiative in working with peers as well as senior leadership
- Use and display effective written and oral communication skills
- Effectively interact with and relate to customers, subcontractors, and related corporate staff
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.