As a Server System Administrator on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program will support one of our intelligence customers in Tysons Corner, VA.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We have a culture of continuous improvement, we follow Scrum and lean agile practices, embrace DevSecOps model to “automate-first,” use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If large-scale, multi-cloud, data-driven projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a robust growth direction and diverse culture, we'd love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
As one of the industry’s leading innovators, NT Concepts is joining forces with one of the leading cloud providers to meet the ever-demanding needs of the DoD’s and Intelligence Community’s (IC) need for a variety of agile, high performance data centers and cloud service provisioning. NT Concepts will be providing managed IT services in direct support of the newly designed and constructed cloud provisioning network Operations Centers (OC). There will be multiple air-gapped OCs, each requiring managed IT support services, on a 24x7 basis, NT Concepts will be part of the cloud provisioning team starting with design, continuing with implementation, activation and throughout sustainment.
Join us as we enable DoD and IC mission modernization. Enter on the ground floor. Be a part of getting it right and doing it right.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia area. 100% on site.
- Perform as the Server Administrator for the Operations Center environment(s) assigned
- Establish server environment by actively:
- Assisting with design, specification, selection, and procurement activities
- Participating in the installation, configuration, activation, and testing of the hardware and software for the OC
- Recommend design enhancements to improve systems availability and functionality while managing and maintaining the security of the system
- Develop and document system baseline configurations for OC
- Ensure DevSecOps requirements are followed
- Define, document, and enforce system standards driven by industry best-practices optimized for performance
- Analyze the cost, schedule, and performance implications of alternative design concepts for the OC infrastructure
- Develop and document backup, recovery including disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Build a patching/upgrade schedule and execute to stay updated.
- Collaborate with network architects on network optimization
- Develop and deploy risk mitigation techniques to address issues
- Secure OC servers by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access
- Maintain job knowledge currency by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations
- Establish server environment by actively:
- Perform as the ISSO for the Operations Center environment(s) assigned, to include;
- Assist the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and update authorization packages
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
- Notify ISSM when changes occur that might affect the authorization determination of the information system(s)
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies)
- Attend required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties
- Execute the cyber security portion of the self-inspection, to include provide security coordination and review of all system assessment plans
- Identify cyber security vulnerabilities and assist with the implementation of the countermeasures for them
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Conduct continuous monitoring activities for authorization boundaries under your preview
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- LCAT required years of experience: 6
- Degree required: Bachelor’s preferred
- Must have CompTIA Security+; Server+ considered a plus
- Must meet position and certification requirements
- Outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 3 months of the date of hire.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) within 6 months
- CISSO, CISSP or CISM within 6 months
- Microsoft, SolarWinds and VMware certifications considered a plus
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Prior performance in roles such as System, Network Administrator, ISSO
- Experience controlling, labeling, virus scanning, auditing tools, and secure data transfer between information systems.
- Ability to manage outage process for systems, upgrade COTS software, install security patches and monitor systems to ensure availability.
- Ability to provide input into System Security Plans and Authorization.
- Capacity to perform tasks using the Linux OS environment, McAfee Endpoint, VMWare vCenter.
- Working experience performing tasks involving LDAP and LDAP tools such as Active Directory.
- Ability to ensure that systems adhere to security compliance and best practices.
- Proficiency in managing access controls.
- Problem-solving skills to identify, mitigate, and/or solve challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
- Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence, and procedures in accordance with policies.
- Experience with system hardening.
- Experience implementing the security components for monitoring, compliance, and auditing
- Cloud Services support and provisioning: Google preferred, AWS, Azure and/or Oracle
- Operating Systems: Windows Server Win 2022 DC and edge devices Win 11; RHEL
- Hardware: Cisco switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, Dell precision desktops, HP DL360 servers
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the following regulations: JAFAN 6/0; JAFAN 6/3; DCID 6/3; Joint DoDIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards; DoD 5105.21 M-1; Sensitive Compartmented Information Administrative Security Manual; ICD 503 Regulations (Computer Security), knowledge of "New" Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes (NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-53A, Revision 5, Assessing Security and Privacy Controls in Information Systems and Organizations ). DoD O-5205.07, Volume 3; ICD-705 and applicable DoD physical security manuals and directives
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-25 pounds at times
Personnel must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and retain a copy of their vaccine documentation in case it needs to be checked (subject to local laws). The host facility’s US vaccine policy requires that all individuals entering the physical workspaces be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation or state law exemption.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.