As a member of our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This program is operating and enhancing Open Source sources and collection through the delivery of superior network, platform, and systems engineering solutions.
NT Concepts is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to provide both server and network administration support. The Systems Administrator will implement baseline changes and troubleshoot for all supported servers. The Systems Administrator will build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, and coordination of application projects.
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity, and reliability of the networks.
- Establish network specifications; analyzing network traffic and diagnoses connectivity issues, access, information, and security requirements; designs router administration including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Perform system modernization / lifecycle refresh of networked systems to include researching, proof of concept, testing, installing deploying, and maintaining equipment.
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintain network performance; performs network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoots network problems.
- Secure network by developing and properly configuring network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Administer routers, switches, network Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVMs), firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Work with hardware/software vendors to maintain the network systems.
- Clearance: Minimum Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI; Active TS/SCI with Poly (preferred)
- B.S. Degree & 6 years of relevant experience
- Ability to upgrade Servers to new versions and skills needed to confidently plan, deliver, operate, and manage server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Cloud environments.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft terminal services and system recovery tools.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts.
- Experienced with patching/ STIGing and system upgrades that occurs in a classified environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Customer oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, and telework software.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- IAT II certification (Security+) preferred
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI (minimum).
- TS/SCI with Poly (preferred)
Location: Reston, VA with remote flexibility
- Prolonged periods setting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.