As an Application Database Administrator on our solutions delivery team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on programs advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This position will support the DoD enterprise Military Housing system.
Our delivery teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow lean agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve.
If results-driven projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a strong growth direction and diverse culture, we'd love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve. This position requires a mid to senior level of experience, a passion for developing solutions and solving problems, and a strong desire to solve our customers’ hardest technical and data challenges.
We are seeking a Database Administrator to help us manage and maintain multiple customer databases. In this position, your main priority is ensuring that the information is accessible to the right people at all times. You might be involved in building or redesigning databases, so you should be familiar with languages such as SQL and PL/SQL. Familiarity with Linux is desirable. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor's degree in IT and multiple years of database or software development experience. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot database issues
- Respond to technical support requests
- Provide database architecture recommendations
- Convert logical data models to physical
- Optimize performance of SQL queries, functions, procedures, and packages
- Deploy database software changes
- Develop PL/SQL for incorporating business logic into backend
- Provide input into database design as well as implementing the developed solutions
- BA/BS degree in a technical field (IT, Information Security, Database Administration)
- Current Active Top-Secret Clearance
- 5 years of relevant professional experience supporting database administration
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Extensive experience with Oracle, SQL, and Java
- Experience with query tools such as Toad or SQL Developer
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- Candidates must have the ability to work at client locations as needed. Travel is estimated to be up to 10% annually.
- Advanced knowledge and extensive implementation of Oracle database design, theories, and solutions.
- Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks
- Knowledge of database structure languages, such as SQL or PL/SQL
- Familiarity with database management best practices
- Knowledge of DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guide and IT security best practices
- Experience with a variety of computer information systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Familiarity with Linux
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at time
Clearance Requirements: Current Active Top-Secret Clearance
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.