As a Test Engineer on our team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a program advancing the digital transformation of critical government systems. This Project will support one of our Intelligence Community (IC) customers in Reston, VA.
Our teams are driven to explore new ideas and technology, and care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. We follow lean agile practices, embrace the Ops (DataOps/DevSecOps/MLOps) to “automate-first”, use modern tech stacks, and constantly challenge each other to grow and improve. In this role, you will lead the testing effort for teams building new applications and upgrading or repairing existing applications.
If results-driven projects resonate with you, and you care deeply about joining a mission-driven company with a strong growth direction and diverse culture, we'd love to learn more about you. Check out the details below, and let’s connect.
Technical members of our solutions teams require little guidance, but love to learn, collaborate, and problem solve.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating software and operating system functions and designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended. You will also be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting performance changes, and preparing performance reports for the development managers. To ensure success as a test engineer, you should have knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting.
Software Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with developers and product owners to discuss software specifications and controls.
- Using the system as intended to analyze its functional properties.
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product.
- Building, coding, and implementing evaluation test programs.
- Running test programs to ensure that testing protocols evaluate the system correctly.
- Tweaking the testing systems for maximum performance.
- Finalizing and documenting testing procedures.
- Completing final tests and creating test reports.
- Presenting test reports to management and suggesting software fixes.
- Determine the best test coverage testing tools by conducting Analyses of Alternatives
- Familiarity with ticketing and wiki tools, CI/CD automation tools
- Evaluate infrastructure design by navigating cloud provider management consoles
- Active TS with SCI eligibility required, polygraph preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, or other discipline
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of program testing software
- Advanced knowledge of debugging codes and software development languages.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collate data and compile test reports.
- Ability to design and write complex software testing procedures.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills a must.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Understanding of Agile software development approach.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds at time
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.