As the Lead Applications Developer on our Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Data Science Support Team you will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to assure DTRA’s mission to provide a continuous advanced data science rapid prototyping capability as a service, which the government then employs in a portfolio of 6-18 month projects that deliver operational prototypes to Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF).
This program provides support to DTRA’s Advanced Data Science Team (ADST), whose role is to maintain a responsive, flexible capability for rapid prototyping of data science solutions and capabilities (data integration, analysis, visualization, etc.) in support of Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction/Counter Proliferation mission requirements. As the Lead Application Developer, you will oversee and give application design and development guidance to ~10 different rapid prototyping teams within an Agile environment, and alongside Government client ADST team members.
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA with time spent at NT Concepts HQ in Tyson’s Corner, VA. (Some telework may be an option during the COVID Pandemic).
Working with the Program Manager and Lead Data Scientist, the Lead Applications Developer oversees the application development-related work within a multi-disciplined team of up to 35 members with skillsets covering project management, software development, data science, data analytics, geospatial analysis, UI/UX, plans & operations, and training. The team will be divided and deployed as needed to develop multiple and simultaneous rapid prototypes and assist in the transition to end owners/users. The teams will be divided between Ft. Belvoir and NT Concepts offices and will include subcontractors.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Give direction to rapid prototyping team leads by serving as the Program’s subject matter expert on application development
- Guide software development solutions-oriented, agile SCRUM teams designing and developing custom applications and components to support innovative data science capabilities.
- Guide application design, development, testing, integration, and transition to production
- Leading the identification and collection of mission application client requirements
- Enabling the DTRA mission through the development of applications from simple (SharePoint-based) to advanced data analytics leveraging AI/ML
- Ensure communication with Government Product Managers and NT Concepts data science teams are supporting quality performance, transparency, and accountability.
- Ensure end customers (Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) are satisfied with delivered prototypes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with 10 years of experience (4 additional years of relevant experience substitutes for a BS).
- Expert knowledge of software engineering, testing & integration, Agile software development practices
- Solid understanding and experience with advanced data analytics
- Exposure to DoD software development and security practices
- Working with and managing software development activities on rapid prototyping teams
- Application development experience within DOD with a preference for DTRA.
- Ability to travel overseas in support of the DTRA mission as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. citizen with an Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Familiarity with the following tool sets: Sharepoint, Testflight, Attack the Network Toolsuite (ANTS), ArcGIS, Analyst Notebook, CIDNE
- Experience working with AI/ML frameworks and tools
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Understanding and experience working within the DTRA Research Directorate
- Understanding of Combatant Commands, Military Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.), and Special Operation Force (SOF) mission sets as they relate to countering weapons of mass destruction/ counter proliferation
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
About NT Concepts
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, NT Concepts is a private, mid-tier company with clients spanning the Intelligence and Defense communities. We deliver end-to-end data and technology solutions that advance the modernization, transformation, and automation of the national security mission—solutions with real impact developed in a strong engineering culture that encourages technical growth, leadership, and creative “big idea” problem-solving.
Employees are the core of NT Concepts. We understand that world-changing concepts happen in collaborative environments. We are a company where talented and diverse teams work together using innovation and expertise to solve our clients’ most critical challenges. Here, you’ll gain competitive benefits, opportunities to bolster your skills and develop new abilities, and a company culture dedicated to support and service. In addition to our Benefit and Rewards program, we encourage our employees to take part in #NTC_GivesBack, which paves the way for positive social change.
If joining a stable company with strong professional growth opportunities resonates with you, and you seek vital, mission-driven projects (for some pretty cool clients) that use your specific talents, we’d love to have you move forward with us.
Together is Better
We believe diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and that when we work together, we can accomplish anything. NT Concepts is a people-first, Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer—regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and need accommodation, let us know. All resumes are held in confidence. NT Concepts participates in E-Verify.